Resetting a Samsung Behold 2 Android phone
Posted: Thursday, March 25th, 2010 by Gene
I recently had to help a customer perform a hard reset on his Samsung Behold 2 (Android OS) device and thought I’d share how we did it.
If you’re wanting to do a soft reset (the CTRL-ALT-DEL equivalent for a Windows PC) , you can do the following:
- Tap the Widget Bar and then tap Settings
- Tap Reset Settings > Master Reset
- If prompted, create a new password
- Tap Yes to begin reset process
If you’d like to do a hard reset, which will completely wipe the device clean and re-install the Android OS, you’ll want to do the following:
- Shut down the device by pressing the End key, then tapping Power Off, and then tapping OK.
- Remove the SIM card from the device.
- Remove the battery cover, the battery, and then remove the SIM card.
- Replace the battery and battery cover.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key, Send Key, and then End Key in order. You’ll want to make sure that all three are being held at the same time and that the End Key is pressed last.
- When the graphic is displayed, press the Menu key to begin factory reset.
That last part will take some time where you’ll see the Samsung logo pulsating so give it some time before you start worrying.