How to Install Lanlogic Desktop Backup (Windows)
Posted: Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 by admin
Lanlogic’s Desktop and Laptop Backup Service backs up your critical files and folders as they change on your computer, over the Internet, to our data center. This article explains how to obtain, install, and configure the software and how to perform your first online backup from a Windows computer.
How to install Lanlogic Desktop Backup on a Windows PC
- From the computer you wish to backup, please download the and run the appropriate software installer listed below.
Click here to download the 32-bit installer (For Windows XP, and 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
Click here to download the 64-bit installer (For 64-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista)
- A download window will appear. Select Download.
- Select Save and Open under the drop-down menu.
- The folder opens in Windows Explorer. Double-click on CrashPlanPROe-x64.exe (or CrashPlanPROe-x32.exe).
- Select Run to run the installation from the compressed folder.
- The CrashPlan Setup Wizard will launch. Click Next to continue.
- Select to accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Accept the default location for installation unless you need to install it on another volume and click Next.
- Click on Install.
- Click Finish once the installer is done.
- Lanlogic Desktop Backup (powered by CrashPlan) will now start. Select the radio button for Existing Account, fill in your Username (your email address), your Password, and backup2.lanlogic.net for the server address, and then select Sign In.
- You are logged into CrashPlan. Now you can select what data you’d like to back up. The default location for most user data including documents, favorites, and outlook data files on Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista is C > Users > username. You do not need to do anything else if you want the default location. If there are any other locations in which you store data that are NOT in the default location, please select it on this screen. Your data will not be backed up unless selected here. To select more files, click on Change under Files.
- Select the files you want.
- Click Save once you’ve selected all of the files and folders you wish to back up.
- Your backup is now ready to start. You are all done!