Adding an Exchange account in Microsoft Outlook for Mac users
Posted: Friday, August 28th, 2015 by Ahmeer Lewis
Outlook Profile Configuration
This a quick how to guide for users interested in adding an Exchange email account in Outlook on a Mac device. To get started we must first configure Outlook to connect to your hosted Exchange mailbox. This is for Outlook versions 2011 and later.
1. Select the Outlook icon from your application dock:
2. Select the Outlook menu in the upper left corner, then select Preferences. The Outlook Preferences dialog box will display:
3. Select Accounts:
4. Select Exchange Account:
5. Enter your account information in the fields provided:
*These would be your email address and password. You will also use your email address for the field “User name.”
6. Check the option to Configure automatically and select Add Account.
7. You will now have your email configured in Outlook for Mac!
8. This will add the account to your Mac computer and you will begin to see your email shortly.