Adding your Google Apps email to Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 (for PC)
Posted: Wednesday, October 28th, 2015 by Daniel Apana
Outlook 2010 or 2013
Note: Outlook 2016 is unsupported by Google App Sync at the moment, however there is a workaround. If you go to syncfix.net, they have a paid sync tool you can download to add your account to 2016. Instructions on how it works are on their website! (Big thanks to Steve Snider for the information!)
1. To set up your Google Apps email in Outlook, you will need the Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook tool. You can download that here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync
2. Click on “Download Google Apps Sync” to download the latest version.
3. Once downloaded, go ahead and run the tool. The tool will download/install the necessary files
4. A pop-up will display after the install:
5. Fill in your Email address and click “Continue”
6. A web browser will open and prompt you to sign into your Google Apps account:
8. Google App Sync will now be functional. Open Outlook and it will sync your email to Outlook from Google.
Note: For better functionality, Google recommends using the web interface for Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, etc for a full featured product rather than Outlook. To login, go here: https://admin.google.com