How to Configure your Android Device for Exchange 2010
Posted: Thursday, February 20th, 2014 by Gene
Please note that new ActiveSync accounts may take up to 15 minutes to set up. If you already have a Lanlogic account set up on your phone, you will need to remove it first.
- On the Smart Phone device, look for and select Settings – Accounts and Sync – Add Account.
- Choose any of these you may find (depending on the device, the choices will differ): Corporate or Microsoft Exchange or Active Sync.
- On the first Exchange Account screen, enter your email address and password:
- Click [Next].
NOTE: If the account does not automatically configure, you will need to click [Manual setup].The next Exchange configuration screen displays:
- For this screen, enter the following parameters:
Domain: COLLABORATION (If the name of the field is Domain\Username, then enter: “collaboration\” followed by the username (see the next step to help you determine your username).Username: Enter your Windows domain username, found in the Control Panel under the mailbox you need to setup.NOTE: Some devices have two separate fields for the domain and username information. If this is the case for your device, enter the first part in the Domain field and the second part (after the slash) in the Username field.
How to find the Windows domain username:
- Log into your control panel at http://cp.lanlogic.com
- Select the Display name of the mailbox:
- Find the Windows domain username in the General section:
Put a check mark to enable Secure mail using SSL.
Email: Your Exchange email address
Password: Your Exchange password
Choose what to synchronize and give a name to this account if asked.
Save if you have an option.
The first time your device syncs you may receive the prompt wanting to enforce security policies on your device.
Select [OK] to proceed and synchronize your device.