How to Import your PST file into Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016
Posted: Thursday, October 29th, 2015 by Daniel Apana
This is useful for when you exported email to a PST file when backing up your email or switched providers. You can also move folders from the PST file to your inbox to sync email with your email provider (applicable to Exchange only).
1. Open Outlook
2. Click “File” then “Open”
3. Click “Import” (this will give you the option to export. Counter-intuitive, right?)
4. Click “Import from another program or file” and then “Next”
5. Click “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and “Next”
6. Click “Browse…” and locate the PST file you are importing. The click “Open” then “Next”
7. Click “Finish”
8. You will now see the file open on the left-pane window in Outlook:
9. Click the arrow to the left of the file name, and it will expand to show your folders with emails you just imported.